Thursday, July 16, 2009

Good attitude yields good results.

Not long ago I was watching Joe McNally speak on the topic of a photographer's best piece of equipment. He asserts that the best thing a photographer can have is attitude. You can see it here. Then predictably the lesson applied itself. I made this image at the International Finals Youth Rodeo, in Shawnee Oklahoma. I wasn't able to wrangle an arena level pass for this day of competition so I was working from the stands. And I wasn't happy about it. All of my action shots were bad, poor angles, too loose, GWC stuff.

About the time I was frustrated enough ready to pack it in I remembered Joe's advice and decided I wasn't leaving without a good image. As if by magic these two young ladies appeared over my left shoulder in the setting sun and dust. Made a couple of frames, called it a night.

More rodeo to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment